Hi there Julia, it’s Susan from Shopwithus, I just phoned to let you know we just received your resume on our website for the management position and it looks like you meet all criteria. We will be getting back to you within 48 hours if you will be shortlisted for an interview with our management team for next week. If you have any questions or want to talk to anybody about this opportunity in the meantime please call us at 1-800-GR8HR or email us at GR8HR@shopwithus.com We look forward to potentially hiring you and hope that you will shop with us in the meantime. We are so happy that you are considering working with us that we have sent you a preferred customer discount card to your email account so that you can take advantage of specials that we have identified just for you based on your resume profile. Do you have any questions regarding our process or anything else I can tell you about Shopwithus? Is this a typical scenario when candidates apply for an opportunity or is this mere fantasy?
With technology allowing for automated emails, CRM’s following-up with candidate screening questions and tests, the proliferation of call centers and companies trying to engage more and more customers why are job seekers being ignored and often treated with complete disregard by HR and recruiters alike. acknowledging and providing feedback to job seekers is simply common sense and good business. Unfortunately most candidate, be they passive or active often face the following:
- Registering on-line with a ton of varying ATS solutions.
- Filling out a ton of useless and needless on-line forms.
- Rarely if ever even getting an automated email saying HR received their resume.
- Usually reading at the bottom of the resume that only shortlisted interview candidates will be called back.
- Never hearing an ounce of gratitude for sending your resume or even being asked to consider shopping, referring or buying products at their company they’re applying for.
- Never getting a phone call back from recruiters when you call them.
- Never getting feedback on an interview you had.
- Never getting any customer based incentives to shop or refer the company they applied to.
- and on and on…
Human resource has an obligation to respect every candidate as a legitimate potential candidate or customer. A recent survey says that up to 50% of candidates say NO to shopping or buying from the company after a bad recruiting experience. Imagine how many of their friends are told about their negative experience with the company. And for those of you in human resources who don’t care about candidates as possible customers I wish this upon you. When you get fired by your company due to lagging sales you better hope your next interviewer is not as uncaring about customer service like you were. Treat everyone like you would want to be treated.
Have your say. Tell us about your HorroR story or pet peeve.